Sunday, December 28, 2008

Baby Jesus & Christmas

Well us Yager's had a great Christmas! We started out the holiday with Ruben as Baby Jesus for the ABT Christmas Pageant! Lets just say Ruben was a SAD Baby Jesus... He did very well for the rehearsals, but for the 3 nights of the actual performance, he was sad. I think it was the Shepard's that did it for the little guy!
He definitely received the "oo's" and "awe's", some people said that they couldn't even tell he was crying. Well I sure was proud! The picture below is Ruben and my dad before the first night. My dad was one of the Wise Men...

The last night of the pageant, we drove to Homer! We decided that we would have Christmas with Sandor's parents and come back to Anchorage the day after Christmas. Sandor had to go up to Anchorage to plow the day before Christmas Eve, and praise the Lord he was able to get back down Christmas Eve Night! Rob and Mark are to thank for that ;)
We had a great time watching Ruben open up his VERY FIRST Christmas present... he LOVED the bow! That was the only thing he was interested before he fell asleep on the floor for the rest of present opening. We were blessed with all the gifts we received from Sandor's family... I was able to get the vacuum cleaner I have wanted FOREVER! Sandor received wings for his plow, and we both got gift cards, cash and little stuff! I got Sandor a hand held, deep muscle massager! He loves it, and Sandor got me my wedding band that I have wanted! And Ruben made out as well, he got clothes, cash, and a savings account from his great-grandparents.So it was a good Christmas day! We already miss Homer and everyone down there! Some times I wish we were still living down there, then I start thinking about the 200+ miles away from a mall, my parents and just civilization in general! We got to play the wii Jonnie Kay got from Terry, and I fell in love with the game Skip-Bo... thank you Nagypapa and Terry :)


We made it back to Anchorage safe and sound the day after Christmas but Sandor had to go plow immediately... So I went shopping! We opened our presents from my family Saturday morning, and that was awesome too! I received everything that I asked for! I'm a little spoiled or what? Ruben got toy after toy from Pa Paw and Meme, his favorite one so far is a stuffed penguin... a little beanie baby. He smashed it in his face the minute he opened it. So it was a good Christmas all in all!

Now we are awaiting the new year, and anticipating what may come this new year! I hope that we get to see family that we haven't seen in a while and that Ruben will have the chance to meet them. (*ahem, Grampa and Elizabeth!)
We pray that you all had a GREAT Christmas and will have a good New Year's celebration!

2 comments:

  1. Homer is 200 miles from civilization - that's funny!! Jess loves skip-bo too. We heard the baby's heartbeat this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH that picture is SOOO CUTE! And yes, Charley is correct. Skip-bo is my game of choice. That's been my fav since I was 11. I'm surprised you and me have never played before. Now we'll have something else to do to pass the time next time Charley and Sandor go out to the shop to tinker on something for a *little* while. (yah right). Love ya!

    ReplyDelete